Plumpton Village Society
A new Community group, Plumpton Village Society was formed in early
2020 and then sadly, the country went into Covid lockdown restrictions. Undeterred the Village Society put together Covid safe events including the Strawberry Fair in June 2021. As we emerge from these troubled times, the sense of community feels more important than ever. The small committee of seven, is putting on a 2022 programme, including the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June 2022. Please see the events and Jubilee pages for more detail.
Look below for the three ways to get involved.
If you wish to get involved, you can do this in three ways:
- Come along and support our events and enter into the community spirit.
- Become a friend of Plumpton Village Society. You will be placed on a list of volunteers willing to help for a maximum of one hour at each event. If you are busy, just say so, we have sufficient volunteers so no one has to help anymore than they want to. To become a friend send us a message via the contact us page.
- Become a Committee member. The Committee are always looking out for good ideas and for people who want to give something back to their community. Speak to Lee Stevens the Chair, to find out more.
- To organise a Village Fair for the benefit of the communities of Plumpton and East Chiltington Parishes in the County of East Sussex
- To organise other community activities for the benefit of the villages, as deemed suitable by the Committee.
- To be nonprofit making and to distribute funds raised to local worthy causes for the benefit of the local community as a whole
Everyone, who are residents or work in the Parishes of Plumpton and East Chiltington are automatically members of Plumpton Village Society. We always extend a warm welcome to our neighbours in East Chiltington to attend our events. We welcome ideas on what people want and once Covid restrictions allow, we will hold a meeting to gather these ideas.
Images on this site with kind permission from Enrique Garde-Martin and Matt Martin from Plumpton Camera Club and Paul Taplin.